Last summer I got into Game of Thrones. I’d heard what an amazing show it was, but I was really busy. Also, most fantasy genre films aren’t that good. Anyway, I watched all six seasons over a two-month period. I am a convert. The show really is as remarkable as everyone says it is.
So when two boxes of Rittenhouse Game of Thrones Season Four trading cards popped up on eBay, I bought them. I have purchased Rittenhouse collectors cards before, and they produce a great product. The base set is 100 cards and, at 24 packs a box, you are almost guaranteed to complete the set. I completed a base set in each box.
Anyway, here is my two-box breakdown.
Box #01914/11000 Season 4
- Complete set
- Spares: 12, 19, 29, 32, 34, 47, 49, 50, 54, 66, 76, 79, 81
- Reflective: 10, 28, 30, 45, 51, 62, 77, 82, 91
- Q32, Q36
- Autographs: Josef Altin and Kristofer Hivju (limited)
- All Men Must Die: G2/Joffrey Baratheon
- Gold Card: 75 (Ser Loras Tyrell) #123/150
- Extra Autograph: Rob O’Hennessy
- Complete set
- Spares: 2, 5, 11, 13, 16, 52, 53, 55, 58, 69, 75, 80, 90
- Foil: 9, 14, 29, 34, 56 ,66 ,67, 76, 96
- Q31, Q37
- Autographs: David Bradley and Kerr Logan (limited)
- All Men Must Die: G6/Bran Stark
- Gold Card: 37 (Ygritte) #99/150
- Extra Autograph: Lucian Msamati (limited)
There are a lot of things this set has going for it. First, I like that the production run is limited to 11,000 boxes. I also like that there are two autographed cards per box to collect. There is also a parallel foil set that runs 1 in every 3 packs, or 8 per box. Odds are, if you opened a case, you would only get 96 foil cards (with doubles). You can realistically build a set, but it is a challenge.
But what I really like are the parallel Gold Cards. Numbered to 150, these cards run one per box. Building a Gold Card parallel set is a challenge. At one card per box, it is cheaper to buy these cards individually. Actually, buying the rest of the cards to complete all the subsets makes more sense.
I enjoyed opening my boxes but, unless it is an insanely good deal, won’t be getting any more Season Four boxes. However, I will be hitting up the local card shops and eBay to complete the subsets.